October 17, 2007

Podcasting

Today we explored adding sound through the use of podcasts. There are many useful applications for podcasts in K-12 education. Some examples include:
-supporting language development (practice for both ESL students as well as students trying to learn a foreign language)
-literacy enhancement (book talks, discussions, and reviews)
-recording class discussions that students can listen to for additional review or to catch up if they missed class
Podcasts can also be used to creatively enhance group projects for any subject. Allows the teacher to assess students' understanding, as well as, accommodating students who are better at expressing their ideas verbally rather than in writing.
From personal experience in my college classes I found it very helpful to have lectures recorded as mp3 files that I could access off Angel because it helped me take notes and refresh my memory of specific examples used in class before an exam. I am a much more visual learner so being able to listen to the same lecture more than once really helped me process and learn the information.

Here is a link to a segment of our class podcast about our ideas for our Tech Integration Plans.

No comments: