My own confidence has grown over the course of this semester and I feel more equipped with resources for my personal and professional use. I can help parents of my students and fellow teachers understand the importance of meaningfully using technology by showing them the TPACK graphics and videos. I have established a website to help train colleagues on how to use technology tools and software in their classrooms. I will continue these weekly training sessions and add resources to the website throughout this school year. Through this process I am also learning more about these technologies because I am taking the time to share them in a concrete way.
I have been impressed by the ease of using Wordles and creating Jings to provide concrete visuals for my students. These technologies will help me showcase information in a variety of ways to reach all learners. Multiple examples, creative presentations, and colorful explanations will hopefully deepen the learning already taking place in the classroom.
My fourth grade students are excited to try each new tool I find. I have gathered excellent feedback from my students through the use of surveys, discussions, and projects they have completed. My main goal is to keep my momentum moving forward. I do not want the projects to fade, so I am purposefully planning them and integrating them into the curriculum.
Understanding and implementing technology on a mobile learning device is another personal goal. I want to find the best way to utilize my one iPad with my 25 students. I am still exploring which applications will be most productive for my students, determining a rotation schedule, and figuring out the best way to share finished products. I was given the iPad last week, so my goal is to have it become a part of my daily classroom routine soon. We are beginning a science unit about space and weather next week and I am excited to search for apps that will help me deliver content to students in unique and engaging ways!
Overall, I am confident moving forward because I know how to find the resources I need to be successful. I will continue to plan learning opportunities for fellow staff members. This allows me to further develop my skills while helping others build their confidence. I will continue to partner with my students to develop projects using technology such as using blogs, building Wordles, using an iPad, and adding to our class website. I have also through this course found valuable blogs, wikis, and other teacher forums for gathering and sharing ideas. This network will continue to support my personal and professional growth with technology.
I created a Wordle to visually represent my plan:
No comments:
Post a Comment